Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A-Rod does a 360, will compete in WBC

Well I knew that A-Rod was full of tricks and he never ceases to amaze me both at the plate and in the hot corner but I honestly didn't think he would pull this one off.

For those of you who don't know A-Rod has now changed his mind and decided to compete for the USA in March's World Baseball Classic.

Those of you who read my and Cidermonster's earlier posts will know how much of a fantastic decision we think this is. Love him or hate him A-Rod is without doubt one of the premier players in the game and his status will bring a boost to the reputation of the tournament and some added attraction for the fans.

It is vital that the top stars compete in this tournament in order to raise its profile and I hope that other top stars will follow in his footsteps and think about changing their mind too.

Take note Hideki Matsui!

No comments: